We’ll visit your classroom!
Are you based in NYC? So are we! Would your school or community organization benefit from a hands-on filmmaking workshop? Then you’re in luck. Our team of film educators would love to conduct a skills-building session(s) with you and your students! We’ll travel to your school and teach your students the practical filmmaking skills and techniques they’ll need to tell their own stories. We can bring our own equipment or we can work with what your classroom already has available. From elementary school to high school, we work with students of all ages to develop the 21st century technology skills that will empower the next generation of digital storytellers right here in NYC.
Filmmaking Workshop: The Basics
FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS would love to send an experienced filmmaker/art educator directly into your classroom. Our team has designed a dynamic range of 1-day workshops that will allow your students to gain hands on training with the latest digital cameras, editing software, and emerging online platforms. We’ll teach your students how to make their own films, conduct interviews, edit their footage, and much more.
- Make a Film in a Day
- Intro to Documentary Filmmaking
- Intro to Narrative Filmmaking
- Intro to Animation
- Writing: Screenwriting & Story
- Planning: Digital Storyboarding
- Camera: Framing & Shooting
- Sound: Audio Recording
- Post Production: Basic Editing
Filmmaking Workshop: Advanced
Do your students already have some experience with digital filmmaking? Would you like to build upon their existing skills or focus on a particular technical proficiency? Could your students use a little help with an existing project? FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS will send an experienced filmmaker directly to your classroom to teach your students the advanced skills they’ll need to accomplish their goals.
- Advanced Storytelling Techniques
- Advanced: Documentary Filmmaking
- Advanced: Narrative Filmmaking
- Advanced Stop Motion Animation
- Interactive & New Media
- Pre-Production: Advanced Storyboarding
- Advanced Camera: Framing & Shooting
- Advanced Sound: Audio Recording
- Post Production: Advanced Editing
Staff Training & Professional Development
FILMMAKERS WITHOUT BORDERS offers a broad range of professional development workshops tailored specifically to your organization’s needs. Maybe your staff would like to learn more about the film/editing process or the latest technologies and online tools. Perhaps your team would like to integrate educational technology into your classrooms. Our experienced instructors have developed a series of customized hands-on, skills-building workshops/seminars just for you and your team.
- Filmmaking Overview (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Interactive New Media (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Teaching With Technology (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Online Tools (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Digital Citizenship (Ethics of Technology) (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Technology & the Common Core (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Technology & Special Needs (MTWThF 9:00am – 5:00pm)
- Digital tools for instruction
- Multimedia production
- Assessment of media/technology
- Online communication/collaboration
- Ethical applications of tech
- Classroom Applications
We’d love to work directly with your school or organization! Get In Touch!